Being a Christian church, we believe that:
- There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The Old & New Testaments are the inerrant, infallible Word of God and the only rule of faith and life.
- All are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure; sinners can only be saved by God, by His mercy.
- Salvation is by the grace of God alone, and not based on any human individual merit.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who trust in Him alone for salvation.
- The Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and to follow Him.
- Jesus will return to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- All aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
WPCB belongs to the Reformed and Evangelical family of Protestant churches. Our beliefs are systematically set out in the Westminster Confession of Faith (WCF), subscribed to by all elders and deacons of the church. The form of the WCF adhered to is that adopted by the Orthodox Presbyterian Church and the Presbyterian Church in America. A link to the WCF on the Orthodox Presbyterian Church website can be found on our ‘Recommended Links’